Urban Settlement & Dev’t Office (USDO) envisions to develop effective partnership with different Government and Non-Government Organizations, in making available to marginalized and homeless citizens decent housing at affordable cost with basic services and employment opportunities.
With this, as the coordinating body on housing and urban development of the City, this office shall facilitate access to a variety of housing options that are decent, affordable and responsive to the diverse and changing needs of homeless and underprivileged Filipino families within Antipolo City. In the long run, this will promote an over-all development in the City in terms of social and economic growth.
Strategic approached was formulated for the realization of its vision, to wit:
- Coordinates w/ gov’t offices & nat’l agencies pertaining to socialized housing program;
- Implements CMP of Social Housing Finance Corp.; Mediates w/ landowners & informal settlers for possible lot acquisition scheme;
- Consolidates gov’t levied properties;
- Taps private sector/NGOs for socialized housing project;
- Encourages & support the initiatives & capability of the beneficiaries regarding land & housing; and
- Maintains ecological balance in urban development and housing.