The Local Government of Antipolo City in adhering to the mandates of RA 10121 otherwise known as "Philippine Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Act of 2010" created and established the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO) by virtue of City Ordinance No. 2011-444, which was adopted on March 28, 2011.
The City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO) is mandated under Republic Act 10121 otherwise known as "Philippine Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Act of 2010" to perform the following functions:
- The CRRRMO shall design programs and coordinate activities consistent with the National Disaster Risk Reduction & Mgt. Plan (NDRRMP);
- Develop/formulate a comprehensive and integrated CDRRM Plan using the NDRRMP and in close coordination with the City Development Council (CDC);
- Formulate & conduct disaster prevention & mitigation programs;
- Develop and implement disaster preparedness activities;
- Integrate & employ disaster response plan for the realization of the CDRRMO goals; and
- Plan and implement of disaster rehabilitation & recovery programs of the City.