Created by virtue of City Ordinance No. 2005-219, PTRB serves as the implementing agency that regulates Public Utility Vehicles in the City of Antipolo.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accept and process application for tricycle franchising;
- Issue or grant the “Motorized Tricycle Operators Permit (MTOP) to qualified applicants, subjects to the provisions of existing ordinances, rules and regulations on this matter;
- Prescribe and regulate the zones of Public Utility Tricycles in coordination with the barangay concerned;
- Fix, impose, collect and periodically review, with the concurrence of the Sangguniang Panglungsod, reasonable fees and other related charges relative to the regulation of tricycle for-hire;
- Conciliate, mediate and settle inter and intra- organizations conflict that may arise between and among different tricycle operators and drivers association within the City of Antipolo;
- Supervise and monitor the operation of Public Utility Vehicles such as PUB’s, PUJ’s and AUV/FX’s in the city through and effective, efficient and adequate system and coordination with the LTO-DOTC regarding the franchising and compliance with the laws of public transport.
- Perform such other duties and functions as may hereafter be authorized by the Sanggunian.